2nd Combined Arms Battalion, 136th Infantry
The 2nd Combined Arms Battalion, 136th Infantry Regiment, is a Minnesota Army National Guard battalion headquartered in Moorhead. The 2-136 IN (CAB) combines the efforts of its mechanized infantry and armor companies to execute tactical missions as part of the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division.
In 2016, the 2-136 IN (CAB) successfully completed its rotation at the National Training Center (NTC). In 2017, the unit mobilized for joint multi-nation training exercise named "Saber Strike" in Lithuania. In 2018, 2-136 IN (CAB) completed tank and Bradley gunnery while training maneuver forces. In 2019, the unit will complete the eXportable Combat Training Center (xCTC) in Fort Hood.
There are 5 major units in the 2-136 IN (CAB): Headquarters and Headquarters Company in Moorhead and Fergus Falls, A Company in Bemidji and Detroit Lakes, B Company in Crookston and Thief River Falls, C Company in Wadena, and I Company located at Camp Ripley Training Center.
The 2-136 IN (CAB) motto is "REX MONTIS" or "King of the Hill" as blazoned at the bottom of the unit insignia.
34th Red Bull Infantry Division
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company
- 334th Brigade Engineer Battalion
- 134th Brigade Support Battalion
- 1st Combined Arms Battalion, 194th Armor Regiment
- 1st Squadron, 94th Cavalry
- 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery
- 2nd Combined Arms Battalion, 136th Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, 135th Infantry Regiment