2022 Minnesota Air National Guard Flight of Honor accepting nominations
December 22, 2021 — The Minnesota Air National Guard Memorialization Board is accepting nominations for possible candidates to be inducted into the 2022 Minnesota Air National Guard (MN ANG) Flight of Honor Induction Program, Joint Force Headquarters, MN.
Please reference the attached documents:
- Memorialization Regulation JFMNR 36-3108 (dtd 6Dec21) v2
- Eligibility Quick Guide
- Nomination Form (dtd 16 Oct 20)
- FOH Trifold (dtd 2021)
The Eligibility and Criteria for Memorialization are as follows (refer to regulation for details and examples):
a. Military Personnel. MN ANG Military Personnel are considered for the Flight of Honor Induction Program on the basis of heroism or distinguished professional achievement and service.
b. Military Personnel (Died in Line of Duty). MN ANG personnel who die in the line of duty as the result of enemy actions, accident, injury, or illness.
c. Civilian employees. Civilian employees are eligible for memorialization on the basis of distinguished professional achievement and service.
d. Waiting period for eligibility. At least two years following the heroic action or a minimum of three years following retirement or separation from service to the MN ANG.
- Nominations must be received by 01 APR 22 (nominations received after this date will be retained for future year consideration). Sponsors do not have to resubmit Nomination package.
- NLT 15 APR 22: Nominations forwarded to the Adjutant General with
- Recommendations from the Memorialization Board.
- NLT 15 MAY 22: TAG’s approvals/recommendations returned to Memorialization Board.
The 2022 Ceremony will be held on 9 October 22, at the 148th Fighter Wing, Minnesota Air National Guard, Duluth, MN.
Nominations can be:
#1: E-mailed to the undersigned: firstname.lastname@example.org
#2: Mailed to the following address:
Department of Military Affairs (4th FL)
ATTN: Ms Sheri Bailey
20 – 12th Street West
St. Paul, MN 55155-2004